Our next volunteer trip to Nepal in 2019!
March 27 – April 14, and June 7 – 23, 2019
Through selfless service to others, we can spread the seed of compassion and cooperation. As a Langtang Volunteer, you will enjoy breathtaking views, rewarding work, and generous hospitality from a unique culture. FIRE-hosted volunteer trips are led by professional Langtang guides. We offer four travel options. All trips include 7 nights in Langtang and 4 nights in Kathmandu. Exact trip dates vary based on the option you choose. Additional sightseeing days are available in Kathmandu and Langtang Valley.
Have Medical Experience?
We are working with Kyangin Gompa Langtang Society (KALS), a Langtang based non-profit, who built and manages the only health clinic in the Langtang Valley. The community has specifically requested physical therapists and eye specialists. We also need general practitioners and public health specialists to help with the development of our long-term plan including establishing a patient database for sustainable, ongoing support.
You will spend quality time examining, treating, and teaching participants one-on-one in coordinated clinics based in the health clinic. You will also help teach small group “workshops” for specific common issues in the community center. Assistants will help you to collect necessary information for long-term tracking of the community and individual needs. An Ultra Sound machine will also be available for use.
Eye Specialists (June Trip Only)
We are looking for optometrists and optometrist assistants to give basic eye exams in the village clinic with basic supplies. The last four days of this trip we will be joined by a Nepali Ophthalmologist, Optometrist, and nurses provided by the Lions Club of Kathmandu Himchuli. FIRE and the Lions Club will cover the costs of any necessary surgeries, medicines, and eyeglasses.
General Medical Professionals
We will conduct screenings and provide vaccinations. You will also work with East Tennessee State University to research and develop our future programs. We will be setting up a patient database and assess overall medical needs, data collection processes, and troubleshoot logistics.
Don’t have Medical Experience?
You can still join us! Volunteer activities will include:
• Assisting medical personnel
• Trail and hut building
• Tree care and maintenance
• Massage therapists and yoga instructors are also encouraged to join this trip
Please email us or call 928-779-2288 for more information or to sign up for the trip!
We are grateful for your support! We hope you will join us!
The dates below note the arrival and departure dates from Kathmandu, Nepal. These dates are the latest dates to arrive and earliest you should plan on leaving. Travel to and from your home country are additional to these dates.
Option 1: Trek / Trek: – $1,800*
Jeep ride and trek to Langtang and back to Kathmandu
March 29 – April 14, 2019
June 7 – 23, 2019
Option 2: Fly / Trek: – $2,100*
Jeep ride and trek to Langtang; fly back to Kathmandu by helicopter
April 1 – April 14, 2019
June 7 – 23, 2019
Option 3: Trek / Fly: – $2,100*
Fly by helicopter; trek and jeep ride back to Kathmandu
March 29 – April 12, 2019
June 7 – 21, 2019
Option 4: Fly / Fly: – $2,450*
Fly to Langtang and back to Kathmandu by helicopter
April 1 – April 12, 2019
June 10 – 23, 2019
*Prices based on a minimum of 3 people per flight.
*Some discounts may be available depending on trip size and your trip option.
Additional Travel Options:
- Additional days in Kathmandu without a guide – $70 per person per day (includes food and hotel)
- Additional days in Kathmandu with a guide – $120 per person per day (includes food, hotel, guide, and transport)
- Additional days in Kyanjin Gompa – $75 per day (minimum 3 days) (includes food, hotel, and guide)
- Prices include all in-country expenses: meals, tea, lodging, permits, entrance fees, Nepal and American guides, porters, and transportation.
- These prices do not include flights to and from Nepal, room upgrades, bottled water, soda, alcohol, extended stays or tips for guides.
- All rooms are shared with two people per room. Single room upgrades are available for an additional $200 per person.
- We plan our itineraries to the best of our knowledge, but please know that there may be unexpected changes. We will do our best to inform you and support you, but please be flexible.
- Information about the trip
- Non-refundable deposits are due January 15, 2019 or March 20, 2019. Deposit amounts are;
- Option 1 – $200
- Option 2 – $400
- Option 3 – $600
- Option 4 – $600
- Full payment is due February 10, 2019 or April 15, 2019. With your full payment, we require the following documents:
- Copy of passport
- Copy of flight schedule
- Signed liability release
- Proof of emergency travel and evacuation insurance
Please mail payments to: FIRE Projects, PO Box 22187, Flagstaff, AZ 86002, USA.